Bowers & Wilkins PI3 Wireless
Brand Bowers & Wilkins
When John Bowers first established Bowers & Wilkins, he did so in the belief that imaginative design, innovative engineering and advanced technology were keys that could unlock the enjoyment of audio in the home. His belief is one that B&W continues to uphold and inspires every product they design, now tailored for new audio experiences outside of the home.
The Bowers & Wilkins PI3 are high performance in-ear headphones designed to deliver the highest quality mobile personal audio experience combined with the convenience of wireless operation in a compact easy to wear design. The PI3 can play music streamed wirelessly from your mobile phone, tablet or computer via Bluetooth. The PI3 earphones are light and compact while delivering sound quality built on Bowers & Wilkins’ exacting standards.
PI3 features exclusive custom designed 9.2mm Hybrid Dynamic-Balanced Armature drive units, paired with two separate dedicated amplifiers producing a wide, accurate soundstage. And the battery life of 8 hours is equally impressive. You can do a whole lot of listening in 8 hours. Fly from Melbourne to Brisbane and back, with plenty of time for sight seeing. Listen uninterrupted on a single battery charge. And if that’s not enough, a 15-minute quick charge gets you two more hours.
Auto Power Off: PI3 features smart power management. If no audio is being streamed or played after 15 minutes, PI3 will automatically disconnect Bluetooth and power down to save battery life. With the app, you can customise how long the headphones will wait before auto power off.
Setting Up PI3 with the App: The Bowers & Wilkins Headphones app provides extended setup. The app also provides further customisations such as voice prompt, standby time, connection management and headphone software updates. The app is available as a free download on iOS and Android devices.
Headphone Software Updates: Bowers & Wilkins will occasionally make available software updates that refine and optimise the performance of your headphones or add new features. The Bowers & Wilkins Headphones app will notify you when a software update is available, just tap on the notification and the follow in-app instructions.
- Design: Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Headphones
- Technical Features
- World-first fully active 2-way wireless earbuds
- Magnetic Cliping Earpieces
- Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX-Adaptive technology
- USB-C charging
- Bluetooth Codecs
- aptX HD
- aptX Classic
- Bluetooth Profiles
- A2DP v1.3.1
- AVRCP v1.6.1
- HFP v1.7.1
- HSP v1.2
- BLE GATT (Generic Attribute Profile)
- Drive Units: 2 x 9.2mm diameter full range drivers with 2 x Balanced Armature
- Microphone: One mic for telephony (CVC1 – Clear Voice Communication v1)
- Frequency Range: 10Hz to 30kHz
- Distortion (THD): <0.3% (1kHz/10mW)
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium Polymer
- Battery Life & Charging: 8 hrs Bluetooth, 2hrs with 15min charge
- Inputs: Bluetooth, USB-C
- Supplied Accessories: 20cm USB-A to USB-C cable, Storage Pouch, Ear Tips (S, M, L) & Stability Fins (S, M, L)
- Weight: 31 grams
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years