Sonus Faber Sonetto VIII
Brand Sonus Faber
Sonus faber always found its inspiration in the highest Italian culture. With Sonetto, the history of Italian literature is used as inspiration for the new collection. The word ‘sonetto’ or ‘sonnet’ in English, originally meant ‘sound’ or ‘melody,’ and was traditionally used to accompany musical performances. Sonus faber’s new Sonetto collection seeks to marry these traditional forms of sound and poetry within the framework of their acclaimed speaker design.
The entire collection is true Sonus faber – featuring all the iconic elements of the brand: natural sound, natural materials, the Lute shape, the artisan finishes typical of Italian craftsmanship, and manufacturing done completely in the Sonus faber factory in Vicenza.
Sonetto VIII is the flagship speaker of the Sonetto collection, and also the most powerful with a 3-way design and three 180mm woofers for superior low-frequency and high-end reproduction. In Sonetto VIII, Sonus faber has designed a speaker that completely represents their Italian roots.
- SYSTEM: 3-way floorstanding loudspeaker system. Vented box design.
- TWEETER: High Definition DAD™ driver. DKM dome diaphragm, Ø 29mm
- MIDRANGE: Custom diaphragm made with cellulose pulp and other natural fibers, Ø 150mm
- WOOFER: Ultra-free compression basket, aluminum cone for maximum speed. Ø 3x180mm cone drivers
- CROSS-OVER: 270Hz – 3.000Hz
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 36 Hz – 25.000 Hz
- SENSITIVITY: 90 dB SPL (2.83 V/1m)
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 4 ohm
- RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER POWER: 50W – 300W, without clipping
- LONG-TERM MAX INPUT VOLTAGE (IEC 268-5): 22 V rms
- DIMENSIONS (H x W x D): 1194 x 279 x 432 mm
- WEIGHT : 28.95 kg ea – net weight